Every Record has standard fields, but if there is additional information about a record that you would like to record you can do so in Custom Fields. Custom Fields allow you to record industry or organization specific information to better understand your customers.
To set up custom fields:
- Go to Settings by clicking on the Gear Icon
- Navigate to the “Custom Fields” Section
- Select the Companies, People, Deals or Activities tab
- Click “Add New Field”
- Choose a field type that matches the information you will store
- Fill out the Field Name and Placeholder Text for text fields or Options for option fields.
- Choose if the Field will be required
Note: Each custom field only relates to a single Record Type