You can bring over all of your data to Map My Customers at once by importing files from another CRM or spreadsheet. There are some steps to take before starting to make sure that the process goes smoothly.
This article will go over the steps to take before starting your first import, when you are ready to import for the first time head to the Import Overview article.
During the import process you will upload a .CSV file and choose which columns correspond to which Map My Customers fields.
If you haven't set up Custom Fields make sure to do so before starting the import process.
Each record type has its own required fields. The system will not accept spreadsheets that are missing required fields for the Company, People, Deals, and Activity objects.
To learn more about the specific required fields for an object, please refer to the Import Sample File
To Segment your data:
- Before you import, it is important to know how you will want to segment your data.
- Groups will allow you to filter, segment, and share records
- MMC Users often group by
- Product Line and/or Tier
- If you want to sort and filter or assign records, decide which groups you want before importing
- Choose to use as many or few groups as you need
To create Groups through Import:
- Add a "Groups" column to your spreadsheet
- Input each desired group for the record separated by semicolons(;)
- In the above example, 4 groups would be created: East Coast;Prospect;Will Bettleheim;Premier upon import
- This record would be in all 4 groups
Find more information on groups here.
Learn more about importing here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.