Activities let you track all of your interactions while out in the field: an in-person meeting, a phone call, or more. With customizable Activity Types, you can easily understand the context of a meeting and take actionable steps to move forward.
Account admin can add new Activity Types.
To add a new Activity Type:
- Tap on the Gear icon in the app Header
- Open the Activity Types dropdown
- Tap “+ Activity Type.”
- Name the custom Activity Type
- Tap “Save”
To log an Activity:
- Tap "Add Activity” on the Home screen
- Fill out all Activity Fields:
- Activity Type: The interaction you made with your customer (Ex: Visit, Call, Lunch)
- Activity Title: Copy the Activity Type by default; however, you can customize it in the empty text space.
Company: Associate the Activity with a Company record.
Person: Associate the Activity with a Person record.
Deal: Associate the Activity with a Deal record.
- Mark as Completed: Toggle on or off based on the Activity completion status.
- Notes: Any important notes about the interaction.
- Tap on “Show all fields.”
- Custom Fields: The account admin can create custom fields for Activity records. An example of an Activity custom field could be something like a “Subtype” to indicate whether an Activity was a Presentation or a Cold Call beyond just being a Meeting.
- Files: Upload a photo, video, or document that might be helpful for this event.
- Assigned to: The owner of the activity. Note: Managers can assign the activities to their team members here.
- Visibility: Select whether you want to keep the activity private, share it with management (Recommended), or the entire organization
4. Select a Start and End time to set a duration
Toggle on “Create a follow-up?” to create another activity right after.
5. Tap “More Options.”
- Follow-up: Create follow-ups to schedule another visit, meeting, or any other activity type to the associated company you are currently working on.
Notice a banner will display at the top of the screen. Relationships and activity types will fill automatically.
- All-day activity: For events lasting an entire day.
- Repeats: If the activity repeats on a specific frequency, such as once a week or every two months
- Tap “Save.”
You will now be able to view your activity on the Planner view. To learn more about the Smart Planner, visit this article