A typical day for a field salesman might include visiting over 20 physical locations without an internet connection covering most, if not all, points of interest. Our Offline Capabilities ensure that you do not have to rely on access to a data connection or the internet to use basic app functions. Once enabled, you can create new records and associate them with existing Records while offline.
Offline Capabilities must be enabled while you have service or WiFi so that your Records can be properly downloaded before going offline. It can remain enabled at all times.
Navigate to the Settings section of the app to enable this feature.
To enable Offline Capabilities:
- Go to your MMC logo or profile picture located at the right top corner of the screen
- Tap the Gear settings icon
- Tap to expand the Offline Capabilities dropdown.
- Toggle on "Offline Capabilities."
- The app might run slower than normal for the next few minutes while we prepare your Records for Offline Capabilities.
- Tap “Ok," Thanks” to enable the feature.
- You’ll receive a confirmation once we’ve successfully prepared your Records for Offline Capabilities.
- If you do not enable Offline Capabilities before losing service or WiFi, Offline Capabilities will not be supported.
Create Records While Offline
When Offline Capabilities are enabled, you can create up to 100 Records while on the road without service or WiFi. Records include Companies, People, Deals, and Activities. Records created while offline can be associated with existing Records.
To create a Record while offline:
- Tap the Gear icon to navigate to Settings.
- Select the Offline Capabilities dropdown to ensure that the feature is enabled.
- A red banner will appear at the top of the screen when your data connection is lost.
- Tap the "(+) icon" at the bottom navigation bar
- Here, you can choose to create a Company, Person, Deal, Activity, Group or a Route
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- Tap “Save” in the top right corner of the screen to save your Record.
A message will appear if your Record was created successfully. The Record will automatically sync to your account once you regain WiFi. A manual Sync option is also available.
Offline Record Sync
Records created while offline are automatically synced when you regain WiFi. If you have cell service but not WiFi, you must initiate a manual sync of your Records.
To access manual sync:
- Select the Gear icon in the app Header.
- Tap to expand the Offline Capabilities section.
- Tap the "Records to Sync" link.
- Here, you can view the Records you created while offline.
- Tap "Sync" in the top right corner of the screen.
- A notification will appear confirming your Records have successfully been synced.
Please sign in to leave a comment.