Field Mapping is a necessary step that allows you to connect your HubSpot fields with Map My Customers. By selecting your HubSpot field and "matching" it with the Map My Customers field, you're ensuring a consistent and clean sync process.
To Map your Fields:
- Navigate to the Integrations Mapping Page. You will see an accordian-style table with mapping options for the record types (Objects) you selected to sync (Companies, People, Deals and/or Activities)
- On the left, HubSpot fields will populate underneath "Map HubSpot Fields"
- In the next column, select the dropdown to choose the Map My Customers field* you'd like to connect it with
- Click the checkmark underneath "Sync Enabled" to confirm the mapping
*If the field that you are syncing doesn’t exist in Map My Customers, you can create a custom field by selecting the “Create Custom Field” option from the dropdown. This will take the properties of your HubSpot field and create a matching custom field in Map My Customers.
In Map My Customers, Groups are used to segment and organize records. On this screen, we give you the option to simultaneously create a Group during the mapping process. We recommend you activate Grouping for fields commonly used for sorting and segmenting (like Region or Tier).
To enable Grouping on Fields:
- Decide what fields you want to create groups for
- Check the box for Grouping
Once you have decided which fields to sync, how they are mapped and grouped, you’re ready to set a sync frequency.