Once you have checked off and finalized the initial considerations, it's time to set up inbound data syncing with the following step-by-step:
- Submit at least (1) record per Object (Company, Person, Activity, or Deal) via our in-app Import Wizard
- The import creates a mapping definition that we use as SFTP rules
- The import technology mirrors how SFTP files are handled, so this is a key step to identifying validation errors
- Once validated, inform MMC of your sync schedule preference (daily, weekly, or monthly - once per interval is the only supported timing)
- We will send you a key for each Object type, of which will need to appear in the filename
The file must be in CSV format
- Your custom key is between 7-14 characters, within this set (A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _-)
- The file name MUST contain the key. However, it can include additional context before and/or after the key. For example, the following are are all valid file names (key is bolded)
a1b2c3d4E-ghw1-2020-01-01.csv Activities-a1b2c3d4E-ghw1-2020-01-01.csv MyOrganization-Report-PersonName-a1b2c3d4E-ghw1.csv
- Each file can be sent to sftp.mapmycustomers.me, where you will use your MMC user credentials to log in
- At this point, MMC will verify your set up, and the inbound SFTP process will be set live!
Next, learn more about outbound data with SFTP.
Please sign in to leave a comment.