Welcome to Map My Customers!
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to navigate the mobile application. If you haven’t already, take a moment to read through Getting Started to learn the foundations of the different objects and core features of our system.
The Home Screen
Every CRM uses “objects” or types of records to represent a certain kind of customer relationship. For example, Salesforce uses “Accounts” to represent the organizations you may do business with and “Contacts” to represent the individual people within that organization.
At Map My Customers, we have six standard objects:
What is a Company?
Companies in Map My Customers are the organizations that you do business with. In similar software systems, they may be called “Accounts” or “Organizations.”
What to know about Companies:
- Companies can be related to each other in parent/child relationships. For example, regional branches could be “child” Companies related to the “parent” Company, the headquarters.
- A Company can have any number of People related to it.
- A Company can have any number of Deals related to it.
To create a Company from mobile:
Helpful tip: It’s easiest to add Companies in bulk using Import on our web app
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom Navigation menu
- Select “Add Company”
What is a Person?
People in Map My Customers are the individuals you communicate with. In similar software systems, they may be called “contacts,” “leads,” or “prospects.” A person works for a Company and may be any point of contact or stakeholder you do business with.
Some notes about People:
- A Person can be associated with only one Company.
- A Person can be associated with any number of Deals.
To create a Person from mobile:
Helpful tip: It’s easiest to add a Person in bulk using Import on our web app.
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom navigation menu.
- Select “Add Person.”
What is a Deal?
Deals in Map My Customers are unique sales opportunities you are pursuing with a Company or Person. In similar software systems, they may be called “opportunities” or “estimates.”
Some notes about Deals:
- Deals have unique information that other objects do not: Amount, Close Date, Funnel, and Stage.
- A Deal can be associated with only one Company.
- A Deal can be associated with only one Person.
- A Deal can only be in one Funnel.
- A Deal can be in only one Stage at a time.
To create a Deal from mobile:
Helpful tip: It’s easiest to add Deals in bulk using Import on our web app.
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom Navigation menu.
- Select “Add Deal.”
Activities in Map My Customers represent any action (such as a call or meeting) that you performed or will perform in the future. In similar software systems, these may be called “tasks” or “events.”
Activities differ from Companies, People, and Deals as they represent a specific action or interaction with a customer.
Some notes about Activities:
- Activities have unique information that other objects do not: Type and Status.
- You can schedule Activities in relation to a Company, Person, Deal, or all three.
- Custom Activity types can be created.
- Activities have their own Notes (separate from Notes attached to Companies, People, and Deals.)
- Activities can be marked with a Status of “Complete” or “Incomplete”, depending upon if they’ve already been performed or will be performed in the future.
Activities can be further organized into types - a helpful way to identify what kind of activities are most effective when contacting customers.
The following are the default activity types:
Account owners can create custom activity types from the web application.
To create an Activity from mobile:
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom navigation menu.
- Select “Add Activity.”
Groups in Map My Customers are vital to your organization of data. Groups can be assigned to the three standard objects: Companies, People, and Deals.
With Groups, you can share records with teammates, filter lists and maps by group, build custom reports, and much more.
Use Groups to “bucket” your data into logical groupings. Example use cases of Groups:
- Categorizing companies by customer health (e.g., active customers, prospects, lost customers)
- Dividing companies by-product lines they buy (e.g. product A, product B, product C)
- Grouping deals by size (e.g. SMB deals, Mid Market deals, Enterprise deals)
To learn more about Groups on mobile, check out this article.
In Map My Customers, use Routes to optimize the number of visits you can make in a day.
Routes can be quickly created by lassoing pins on the Map View. Once a Route has been created, you can share it with other members of your team.
Routes can be built for either your Companies or People. Routes can be created based on pre-created Groups, people in a specific region, or customers that are overdue to be seen. Segmenting your Routes makes sure you are always maximizing your time when out on the road. Routes can also be created based on your Weekly activities from the Planner View. To learn more about Planner, visit the planner article.
To create a Route from mobile:
- Tap “Routes” in the Navigation bar.
- Select “Add Route.”
- Tap the "+" icon at the bottom Navigation menu
- Select "Add Route"
To learn more about Routing, visit this Routes article