Activities let you track all of your interactions while out in the field: an in-person meeting, a phone call, or more. With customizable Activity Types, you can easily understand the context of a meeting and take actionable steps to move forward.
Account admin can add new Activity Types.
To add a new Activity Type:
- Tap on the Gear icon in the app Header
- Open the Activity Types dropdown
- Tap “+ Activity Type.”
- Name the custom Activity Type
- Tap “Save”
To log an Activity:
- Tap "Add Activity” on the Home screen or within the record you would like to log an Activity to
- Fill out all Activity Fields (Note: Order of the fields can be completely customized by the Team Owner in Layouts - below reflects a sample order):
- Date and Time: The Date and Time will default to the time at which you are logging the Activity. This can be updated to reflect a time in the past to capture a previously logged Activity or can be pushed to the future as a reminder or follow up.
- All-day activity: For events lasting an entire day.
- Repeats: If the activity repeats on a specific frequency, such as once a week or every two months
- Activity Type: The interaction you made with your customer (Ex: Visit, Call, Lunch)
- Assignee: The user responsible for executing the activity. Note: Managers can assign the activities to their Team Members here.
- Activity Title: Copy the Activity Type by default; however, you can customize it in the empty text space.
- Company: Associate the Activity with a Company record.
- Person: Associate the Activity with a Person record.
- Deal: Associate the Activity with a Deal records.
- Notes: Any important notes about the interaction.
- Custom Fields: The account admin can create Custom Fields for Activity records. An example of an Activity Custom Field could be something like a “Products Dropped” to indicate what kind of promotional / marketing materials were dropped during this Meeting
- Files: Upload a photo, video, or document that might be relevant from this interaction
3. Select the blue "Log Activity" (or "Schedule Activity" if you have moved the time stamp into the future) to finish creating this Activity
Toggle on “Create a follow-up?” to create another activity right after.
Follow-up: Create follow-ups to schedule another visit, meeting, or any other activity type to the associated company you are currently working on.
When this toggle is turned on - a new Activity form will appear. Follow the same instructions as above to fill out the necessary information for the follow up and move the date / time stamp to the desired day.
Note: Any information that is required to be filled out during an Activity creation will be denoted with a red asterisk. Fields can be marked as required by a Team Owner from the Layouts portion of Web Settings. Required musts MUST be filled out for non-future dated Activities in order to save the Activity.
One of the easiest ways to view Activities that have been logged is on Planner view. To learn more about the Smart Planner, visit this article